A Few Tips
- The weather varies around the San Francisco peninsula. Bring a light jacket.
- It may take longer to get around than you might expect. Depending on the time of year, travel time can vary significantly. A good Uber/Lyft driver should do just fine for getting around the city.
- Napa Valley will be significantly warmer than SF. Always.
- Driving in The City can be a little crazy. Parking is also very expensive. Average is $20 a day. Uber/Lyft if you decide to get into downtown.
Neighborhoods for your Airbnb / Hotel
- Marina - beautiful and clean with access to Crissy Field, Palace of Fine Arts, The Presidio and The Golden Gate Bridge; great restaurants and shopping on Chestnut Street. If you stay here, stay north of and away from Lombard Street.
- North Beach - Little Italy along Columbus Ave. At the base of Columbus is the Transamerica Building; at the other end is Fisherman’s Wharf. Lot’s of great little restaurants complete with cafes and gelato shops.
- Fishermans Wharf / Russian Hill - Touristy area, but there are still come cool things to see
- Sausalito - Not in San Francisco, but it’s across the Golden Gate in the North Bay with access to the Marin Headlands, Muir Woods, Mt Tamalpais and Downtown Sausalito. Gorgeous bayside town with great restaurants and laidback vibe.
Points of Interest
The Great Outdoors